As part of our ongoing commitment to drive a truly inclusive culture and industry, we have signed the Women in Construction pledge launched by the National Federation of Builders. By signing the Pledge, we are also committing to the principles of the Women in Construction Roadmap.
The Women in Construction Roadmap, again a National Federation of Builders initiative, provides simple and straightforward ideas for how the industry can improve the number of women in construction.
As a company we are determined to play our part to encourage more women into construction, as well as support those already working in the industry. We will be supporting initiatives to help generate positive change by:
- Developing working practices that encourage women into construction;
- Educating future generations on the role of women in construction and the benefits of working in the industry;
- Provide awareness and understanding of the benefits of creating an inclusive and diverse workforce and promoting a positive working culture through facilitated learning, with the aims of:
- Reducing stigma and discrimination
- Encouraging positive conversations in the workplace
- Educating and enabling champions from across the workforce to support our people;
- Providing access to industry mentors to support workers in their roles and the organisation.
“We are proud to sign the Women in Construction Pledge and contribute to addressing gender inequality in the industry. At Interclass we are committed to driving a truly inclusive culture that welcomes everyone and promotes greater diversity. We already have a number of role models and champions at Interclass who are doing great work to attract more women into construction and we look forward being able to support this further”
Des O’Neill, Interclass Managing Director
To find out more about the Women in Construction Roadmap and Pledge click here.